Accessing the iLRN Virtual Campus
Follow the instructions below to access the iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by VirBELA:
- Download and install the iLRN Virtual Campus application (available for PC or Mac). Important: This is NOT the same as the VirBELA Open Campus application.
- Launch the iLRN Virtual Campus application and create an account (or log in if you already have a VirBELA account). Please note that it may take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes for the application to download the required software updates/patches and other files.
- The first time you log in, you will be prompted to design your avatar. Once you are happy with your avatar’s appearance, click the “Save and Exit” option at the bottom right corner. You will arrive at the Welcome Area (also known as the “Landing Pad”) of the iLRN Virtual Campus.
- Optional: Log in to the VirBELA dashboard to complete your user profile. There, you can change your avatar name as well as the title (“About Me”) that appears above your avatar’s head.
- Use this Quick Start Guide to familiarize yourself with the basics of navigating and using the Campus.
Tip: If you have a tethered PC VR headset (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest with Link Cable, Windows Mixed Reality), you may like to try accessing the Campus in VR mode. However, please note that VR support is in its early stages, and not all features/functionality are available in this mode as of yet.
Interested in leasing private space or hosting an event on the iLRN Virtual Campus? Email [email protected].
If you are having issues downloading, installing, and/or logging in to the iLRN Virtual Campus, please try the following in the first instance:
- Close all other non-essential applications on your computer.
- Turn off and restart your computer, then try logging back in again.
- Some Windows PCs may have antivirus and/or security software that blocks the software from being downloaded and installed. You will need to let your computer know that the software is safe (or if the computer is managed by your employer, seek assistance from your IT Support department).
Useful Support Resources/Guides
- VirBELA Hardware and Software Requirements
- Security Settings Preventing VirBELA from Launching
- Broken Alias (Mac OSX)
- “.exe has stopped working” (crashed on Windows)
- My Avatar is a Silhouette or The Environment is Mostly Black
- Sound Issues (The most common sound issue is being able to hear ambient noises but not other people’s voices.)
- VirBELA is Running Slowly
- Is My Computer Overheating?
- Performing a Clean Install (Windows)
- Performing a Clean Install (Mac)