Demos and Hands-on opportunities give attendees at iLRN 2018 the chance to try immersive learning experiences first-hand!
iLRN Demos & Hands-on opportunities are semi-structured, informal events for you to engage with conference goers, showing them the particulars of your research, product, or gear. These sessions are intended to engage the audience and are, thus, more open and interactive than any other iLRN presentations, by design.
iLRN is interested in giving attendees a substantive, meaningful experience with a variety and breadth of immersive learning platforms. Please note that reference for these sessions will be given to:
- Authors of accepted papers and invited Featured Speakers; and
- The Demos & Hands-on opportunity proposals determined to be the most compelling and interactive by the iLRN Conference Committee.
How to submit a proposal?
Demo / Hands-on opportunity proposals should be submitted in PDF using the iLRN EasyChair submission system. They should be limited to three pages and include the following information:
- Proposed Demo / Hands-on opportunity session organizers (names, affiliations and email addresses; identify one person as the primary contact person)
- Description or theme of the session: objectives, goals, relevance to iLRN, and expected outcomes
- Rationale for holding such a panel session during iLRN 2018, including potential for interaction with the target audience
- Description of target audience and estimated number of participants
- Proposed Demo / Hands-on session duration (50 minutes is the standard), format, activities, and schedule.
- Short biographical sketch for each Demo / Hands-on participant.