Invite ILRN Conference attendees to sit down and discuss research trends, challenges, key findings and ideas in the emergent field of immersive learning. Suggest a topic of discussion, and set the guidelines for interaction in this engaging and interactive context. This year’s roundtable discussions will be located at specific locations in western Montana to enhance the immersive experience. Some potential topics include:
- Brainstorm or gain perspective on your emerging immersive learning research project
- The explosion of immersive technologies and how to categorize/catalog everything
- History of immersive learning and cultural heritage and where to go next
- History of immersive learning and environmental sciences and where to go next
- History and evolution of programs, degrees, and curricula involving immersive learning
- Curricula for graduate and undergraduate immersive learning programs
- Foundations, roots, and genealogies of the field
- New and evolving instructional and learning theories in immersive learning
- Publishing processes, genres, and venues
- Core competencies, skills, and responsibilities of immersive learning professionals
- Early and mid-career advice and entering the job market
- The culture of the immersive learning professoriate
- The Work/life balance
How to submit a proposal?
Roundtable Discussion proposals should be submitted in PDF using the iLRN EasyChair submission system. They should be limited to three pages and include the following information:
- Roundtable Discussion organizers (names, affiliations and email addresses; identify one person as the primary contact person)
- Description or theme of the session: objectives, goals, relevance to iLRN, and expected outcomes.
- Description of target audience and estimated number of participants.
- Rationale for holding such a Roundtable Discussion during iLRN 2018, including potential for dissemination to the target audience following the discussion.
- Proposed Breakout Panel session duration (50 minutes is the standard), format, activities, and schedule.