Contributions are welcome as work-in-progress, research results, technical development, and best practices. Research, development, and best practices contributions will be accepted according to their quality and relevance either as full or short papers.
Please note that work-in-progress papers will be accepted only as short papers and posters.
1. Selected high quality papers from the main track and from the special tracks will be selected to be published as full papers in Springer’s Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) conference proceedings series (see also http://www.springer.com/series/7899); the acceptance rate for the Springer proceedings will be approximately 35 % of the submitted papers.
CCIS Springer Proceedings are indexed by:
2. The remaining accepted contributions will be published in iLRN’s online proceedings volume with individually linked DOIs and an overall ISBN number. Please note that this proceedings volume is published by the publishing house of the Graz University of Technology (Austria) and is not yet indexed by SCOPUS. Previous years’ proceedings are available online at: http://proceedings.immersivelrn.org.
3. Further, a select number of manuscripts published in either of the proceedings volumes will be invited to submit an extended version of their conference papers for publication in a special issue. Journal agreements for iLRN 2019 proceedings are underway. In previous editions, special issues were published in the Journal of Educational Computing Research (Social Sciences Citation Index. Journal Citation Reports impact factor 2016: 0.678) and in the Journal of Universal Computer Science (Journal Citation Reports impact factor 2017: 1.066).
All papers (including full, short, long papers and extended abstracts) must follow Springer’s style guidelines.
Please note that:
- Extended abstracts must not exceed 2 pages of length (including references)
- Short papers must have a length of 6 to 8 pages (including references)
- Long papers must have a length of 10 to 12 (including references)
- Full papers must not exceed 14 pages (including references)
iLRN 2019 will institute a double-blind review process for the submissions. As a result, we are asking you to remove all author and institution information from your paper prior to submission.
For a video to be included at the electronic form of the proceedings, the size of the video must not exceed 300 MB. The following formats (with commonly used codecs) can be used for your submission: MP4, MPG, and AVI. The video should not be longer than three minutes. The resolution should be at least 640 x 480.
All poster presenters are required to prepare a physical printed poster for the poster session. The size of the poster should not exceed 84.1 × 118.9 cm (A0 format).
Templates and Formatting Instructions
- Click here to download the .zip file with the instructions and tools for LaTeX
- Click here to download the .zip file with the instructions and tools for Microsoft Word
- Click here to download the .zip file with the instructions and tools for Microsoft Word 2003
- Additionally, the LaTeX2e Proceedings Templates are available in the scientific authoring platform Overleaf.
Formatting instructions for Word for Mac users (above templates will not work on a Mac): SPLNPROC Author Instructions.
All the templates and more detailed instructions can be found at Springer’s Information for Authors of Computer Science Publications (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0).
Submission and Review Process for the Main Conference, Special Tracks and Poster submissions
Papers must follow the style guide described above and be submitted via the iLRN EasyChair submission system selecting the chosen contribution type.
If your paper gets accepted, we will ask you to submit a copyright form, also called as ‘Consent to Publish’ form.
- iLRN 2019 will institute a double-blind review process for the proposals submitted. As a result, we are asking you to remove all author and institution information from your paper prior to submission.
- At least one author for each accepted paper must register and present the paper at the conference. We won’t support online remote presentations (e.g. ‘Skype’). If you are unable to attend and present at the conference, your paper won’t be included in the conference proceedings.
- Please note that you need to create an account in EasyChair before submitting your paper.
Submission for Workshops, Roundtable Discussions and Breakout Panel Sessions (Extended Abstracts)
Accepted workshops, roundtable discussions and breakout panel session submissions will be published as an extended abstract in iLRN’s Online Proceedings.
Extended abstracts must follow the style guide described above and be submitted via the iLRN submission EasyChair system selecting the chosen contribution type.
For detailed information on how to prepare your submission please visit the page of the event you are interested in, available on the menu on the top left of this page.