The Practitioner Stream of the conference is for those who wish to present at the conference without publishing papers in the conference proceedings. Submissions are refereed on the basis of a 1-to-2-page proposal. The proposal will NOT be published in the conference proceedings or submitted to IEEE Xplore. However, short descriptions of the sessions will be included in the conference program.
Practitioner presentation types
- Oral presentation: These are traditional, stand-and-deliver presentations scheduled during the parallel sessions of the conference program.
- Poster: A poster is a printed, visual display of the presenter’s work that will be shown in the Posters & Exhibitions area of the conference venue. Presenters are expected to station themselves by their posters and engage in dialogue with conference delegates about their work during a designated poster session.
Proposal review criteria
Proposal template and guidelines
Proposals for practitioner presentations ann posters should be 1–2 pages in length (inclusive of any tables, figures, references, and appendices) in standard IEEE double-column format. In addition to a maximum 200-word abstract, the proposal should contain the following sections:
- Purpose: What topic or issue will your presentation or poster address? Why is it important and/or relevant?
- Target audience: Who is the target audience? Why would they be interested in your presentation or poster?
- Audience engagement: How will you engage and encourage interaction with your audience?
- Outcomes: What will the audience learn or gain? How will this benefit them, their learners, and/or their clients/employers?
Note that the proposal will not be published in the conference proceedings. If the proposal is accepted and registered, the abstract will be included in the conference program.
Proposals should be saved in PDF format and submitted via the conference’s online submission system (link coming soon). Please note that submissions cannot be accepted via email.
Registration Requirements for Presenters
All presenters in the Practitioner Stream must register for the conference. They may do so at the Practitioner rate, provided they will not also be presenting any Academic Stream papers.