Special sessions are interactive sessions of either 30 or 60 minutes in length. The number of special sessions offered is limited. These sessions are intended to add value to iLRN 2020 conference experience, enhance the experience and knowledge of the session participants, and help advance scholarship, practice, or policy in XR and immersive learning.
Accepted and registered special session proposals will be published in the conference proceedings as a form of extended abstract.
Proposal review criteria
Proposal template and guidelines
Proposals for Special Sessions should be 1–3 pages in length (inclusive of any tables, figures, references, and appendices) in standard IEEE double-column format. In addition to a maximum 200-word abstract summarizing the proposed session, the proposal should contain the following sections:
- Aims and Target Audience: What will be accomplished and/or gained from the proposed session? Who would be interested in attending the session, and why?
- Novelty, Timeliness, and Relevance: What makes the proposed session original or different to what attendees are likely to have encountered in the past? In what ways does the session address recent, current, and/or issues, trends, and challenges in XR and immersive learning? How does it align with or otherwise relate to the theme of the conference?
- Participant Engagement and Interaction: How will you keep participants interested and engaged throughout the session? What types and level of interaction are anticipated?
- Session Description and Agenda: Provide a description of the topics/content/materials to be covered, along with an outline of the details and time allotted for each planned activity. What, specifically, can participants expect to hear, see, and do during the session?
- Intended Outcomes: What outcomes are anticipated from the session and activities? What future work will/might result from the session?
Proposals should be saved in PDF format and submitted via the conference’s online submission system (link coming soon). Please note that submissions cannot be accepted via email.
Registration Requirements for Special Session Presenters
All special session presenters must register for the full conference. They may do so at the Practitioner rate, provided they will not also be presenting any Academic Stream papers.