We would like to thank attendees, organisers and volunteers at iLRN 2019 for making this such a successful conference. We had a fantastic time in London, UK!
We have already started planning iLRN 2020 conference, which would take place in San Luis Obispo, CA, USA.
iLRN’s Proceedings are now available!
In our annual face-to-face scholarly meeting we welcomed developers, educators, professionals, and researchers from 14 countries (Denmark, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Brazil, Cyprus, Spain, Portugal, Norway, UK and USA), all with the goal of collaborating to develop the scientific, technical, and applied potential of immersive learning.
Our venue for iLRN 2019 was at the University of Westminster, London, UK. In this magnificent venue, our attendees presented more than 50 research papers, demos & posters, including:
- Workshop: Introduction to Augmented Reality
- Workshop: Narrative Designs (Unreal Engine 4)
- Roundtable: Hearing the Voices of iLRN: What We Learn from Listening
- Hands-on session: New Spaces – Learning in the Global Languages & Cultures Room
Practitioner and Industry presentations:
- Practitioner’s project presentation: Diversity & Inclusion immersive learning with VR – Craig Vezina and Lisa Short.
- Industry Track – Immersive VR Education (Mike Boyce presenting EngageVR Platform)
Stimulating Special Tracks:
- ST Platforms for Digital Heritage and Preservation
- ST Immersive & Engaging Educational ExperiencesImmersed in Cultural Heritage
Interesting Main Tracks:
- Blender Learning
- Immersive Learning for Adults
- Science Session
- Cognitive Learning
- Immersive Social Engagement
Five thought-provoking keynote talks by
- Professor Mel Slater from the University of Barcelona: Using Virtual Reality for Implicit Learning
- Ms Layla Gordon, R&I Scientist at Ordnance Survey: Geo Immersive Reality – Through The Looking Glass
- Dr. Anasol Peña-Rios, AI and Immersive Technologies Research Specialist at BT: The Augmented Employee, Immersive Technologies in Field Service Operations
- Dr. John Collick, Head of International Education Strategy for Promethean: Immersive Memory – Neuroscience, 3D Worlds and the Ancient Art of the Memory Palace
- Dr. Nigel Newbutt, Senior Lecturer and Researcher at the University of the West of England: Learning in Virtual Reality
- Dr. Jim Purbrick: Lessons Learned In Virtual Worlds
- Dr. Johanna Pirker from Graz University of Technology: It’s not a game. It’s a game-changer
… and the kickoff of iLRN State of XR and Immersive Learning Project in collaboration with IEEE ICICLE, EDUCAUSE, and the Consortium for School Networking
Exciting social activities including:
- Pre-conference Social trip at Hampton Court Palace and free time at Social dinner at Covent Garden
- Guided tour in Central London
- Games Night at the Thirsty Scholar
- Conference Awards Banquet at the Historical Dickens Inn
- Dinner at Sky Garden
Thank you again and see you in San Luis Obispo 2020!
The Immersive Learning Research Network